Sunday 13 January 2019

Bullet Journaling

Happy New year! Wooooo! Time for New Years Goals and Resolutions... after all that bad eating, getting drunk at 10 a.m and thinking that life is a confusion. But now let's get real and smash 2019!



Creating goals for 2019 personally is not just "lose weight" or "be financially responsible". In fact, January is a good month for resetting and taking good habits. There are certain things I want to embrace this year, but instead of trying to reach large resolutions, small daily habits will be more effective to tackle my goals.



For this, a Bullet Journal helps a lot! I've been doing this since September 2017.


Bullet journaling?

Bullet journal (Bujo method) was created by Ryder Caroll. It is an easy one-stop journal to organise/ plan/ schedule/ track, hence an alternative way to be focused and productive. It helps to "track the past, organise the present and plan for the future". And the idea is to form a habit and stick to it.



It does not matter if you make mistakes or need every fancy craft supplies at the craft store or if your handwriting looks like chicken scratch. I personally think that the "neglected looks" may give character to the Bullet Journal. 

Keep in mind that your 1st journal will be your learning BuJo. It takes a couple of trials and errors to know how it works best for you. Believe me, it will suck at first! Another tip is to avoid looking for and buying too expensive notebook or else it will be another impediment for you to get started.

"Be done to learn from them, mistake should..."


Speaking of notebook, I use dotted grid notebook, which is what we normally use for BuJo... BUT, it doesn't matter. I bought mine at Winners, supa dupa cheap ;)



Essentials

Most of the Pens I use are from Artline or Staedtler and thickness depends. If I will draw or write, so between 0.2 and 0.8, but a ballpoint pens also are great. DO YOU BOO!  I bought some cheap coloured pens from Hobby world/Hassamal. Just wait a few seconds before turning the pages. Whatever brand you are using, make a test at the craft store before buying. Some may smudge.



Doodles are fun! I like to draw and add some stickers.... Note that Stickers may hide some mistakes ;) 


Let's start

Start simple and minimalist. Don't get too excited to track everything and anything. You will end up never open that journal again koz it's taking you an eternity to write down your daily log (I've been there and Poussin can confirm that :/ ) Below I showed you my BuJo. Feel free to modify. And oh! Mine is a pocket size (A5), ideal for travelling ;)


Key

A key is where you keep your crazy symbols that you would use throughout your journal. Those symbols represent categories of things you want to earmark like Tasks, Events or 'Very Important' To Do list. But you can personalise to fit your needs.

Future Log

It is where you keep log of all your future events you will have over the year. You may go quickly through if you need to check an event. Note that it is always located at the beginning of the journal.

New years goals 

Here is where I list my goals for this year. 



I also add pages for my Blog ideas, movies, music, books and places to check out.


Setup / Monthly planner

Each month, it's more or less the same, except for themes. I decided to removed mood tracker koz I never fill them and added a page for brain dump

Habit Tracker

Allows you to track your behaviour and your consistency in a specific routine.


Weekly log

Write down your to do's, housework, and meals for instance. 




Meal Planner

Helps you to plan your meal and groceries. I actually make for 2-3 weeks and stick to it.






























Lastly, spend some time to fill your journal. Either in the early morning or before going to sleep. I think I would turn this into monthly series on my blog. Let me know your thoughts in the comment below!

Good luck along your creative way!

2 comments: