Sunday 23 June 2019

Birthday girl

Ditch the coffee. Today is a job for a Mojito!



Winter is officially here. It's getting colder and colder. With that crappy weather, It's so difficult to get out of bed. You feel me?


It's been a while since my last blog post. I want to thank all of you for your positive feedbacks. 6 years of blogging and still enjoy expressing myself through writing & drawing without depending on instant likes. 

This year I'm focusing on being thankful & grateful. Appreciate the simple things in life. Say thank you more often. Smile. Spend time with loved ones. Use social media mindfully. As cheesy as it sounds, that little something in my daily life brought me happiness.

My day!

Speaking of happiness, it was my birthday few weeks ago (4th June). For some reason, I wanted something special on that day. Even though it did not go as planned. 

Birthday Nails

If you follow me on Instagram, I asked you to choose my nail design few days before my birthday. I love getting fresh nails. A bit of self- care I should say :P 






In fact, I was uncertain. Then came the idea to ask you to vote. It turned out great! Thanks again peeps! 


Bistrot Barbu

We planned to go somewhere fancy & chichi for my birthday. A trip to Chamarel. From there we would enjoy the sweeping view of the sea. Spot a nice restaurant & we would savour a delicious meal. Unfortunately, Poussin & I got sick a few days earlier, which was not safe to have a long trip.





So we ended up at Bistrot Barbu. I knew the food would be exquisite. I chose "Le burger Davinci", which consists of beef, gorgonzola, candied pear, salad & homemade mayonnaise. Poussin opted for "Le burger du Barbu"; Beef, smoked bacon (always bacon duh), caramelised onions, avocado, salad, homemade mayonnaise & ketchup.

1 word: Foodgasm...


Coffee breaks

Coffee can make me write poems.  The smells, the taste. The very 1st sip... Then you know that you gonna have a great day.  Wait! What was I talking about?... oh yes, my birthday. So we went to Vida e caffĂ© just to have a coffee & cakes before going back home.




& I burned my tongue... TWICE! That cup was still hot when we went back home!



Oh! This was my very 1st Entremets. From base to top; almond dacquoise, stewed pear, panna cotta & chocolate mousse. It did taste good, but not WOOOOW!  I'm confused. Too much information in 1 bite. However the aesthetic look, not sure Cyril Lignac would approve. 


Like I told you, nothing went as planned, but still managed to have a great day. A video is about to come during the week (hopefully). Until next time, good luck along your creative way!

Laurie

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday wishes to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday gorgeous! <3 *DROOLING OVER THE BURGER*

    ReplyDelete