Wednesday 17 April 2019

Revive your breakfast routine


I'm not a food blogger, just a girl who loves breakfast and learnt to make some yummy, healthy and quick morning meal. Today I want to share with you 3 of my best healthy recipes. So let's breakfast!







1. Pimp your coffee

I  L O V E  coffee!  Just the first sip of coffee that snaps you out of the morning comas...oh yes! I typically drink my coffee black. However, I recently tried some extra something in my basic coffee. It only takes a few minutes to make and the result is fancier.


• Cinnamon
Sprinkle some cinnamon in your coffee brew to give your boring black coffee less... boring. Not only adds some seasonal flavour but it is also an antioxidant.

I add about 1/4 cinnamon in my cup of coffee or infuse into my coffee brew. It all depends. Start small as the flavour can be very strong!

It will taste incredible whether you are serving hot or iced!



• Vanilla 
I don't add sugar in my coffee. However the Vanilla extract give the latter a subtle sweetness and comforting taste... which I like. Add few dash of Vanilla extract in your cup of coffee should suffice.

2. 90 sec almond flour bread

Almond flour is incredibly nutritious. It helps lower your LDL cholesterol, lower blood pressure and is much lower in carbs than wheat flour but higher in fat. Ok it can be higher in calories but you get your daily dose of magnesium, vitamin E and fiber. It's ideal for those on ketogenic diet.

For 1 person, you will need:

• 3 tbps Almond flour
• 1 tbps unsalted butter (measure cold then melt it)
• 1 egg
• 1/2 tbps baking powder
• Pinch of tbps salt



It's not rocket science, just mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and hop the latter in or 90sec at high speed. Cut in half and add banana or anything you would add on a normal bread and you are done!

3. Mixed berries smoothie

There are some days where nothing hits the spot than a good smoothie. Refreshing during summer and jam packed with good nutrients. As base, any fruit you have on hand will do the trick and when it comes to dairy, I typically use greek style yogurt.


1 person:
• 1/2 plain greek style yogurt (or plain yogurt)
• 1 cup mixed berries (or any fruit)
• Handful of Spinach
• Vanilla extract
• 1 cup soy milk
• ice cubes

Throw all the ingredients in a high- powered blender until the texture is fluffy. Drink!





No comments:

Post a Comment