Tuesday 15 September 2020

Inspired by nature


It's been a HOT minute since my last blog post. After the birth of little Noah, it's a whole new routine for us. Few months ago, I've got little to no time for myself. I am still learning how to plan & get things done. Im happy I could sometime manage to sit & write. yes! It feels good to be back.

Bref! Let's get into the topic shall we?!

Since I had a Pixie haircut, I've been wearing large statement earrings. I personally think that it completed a look whenever it's for a sassy outfit or casual one. I even got the upper lobe & helix pierced. After all, my ears are more showy now.

When I saw this freaking cute earrings on instagram from Patatas Craft, I immediately ordered one for me. Got them in less than 1 week. I'm in love! 😍 



I am so happy that Patatas Craft alias Tasneem spent some time to answer a few questions for us in a short interview. I was so thrilled to write this blog post as it's quite unusual for me here & I truly appreciate the hard work & perseverance of small businesses. I'm so glad to share with you her brand as a satisfied customer!



You can have your unique & personalised gifts for your loved one or yourself. As shown on her instagram page, she create a wide range of items (Necklaces, keychains, hair accessories). 

Now let's get to know a bit more about Patatas.

Who is Patatas?

Patatas is a real-life cartoon character you might occasionally spot taking a walk in the streets of Curepipe, with her trusty cap. Rumour has that 'Patatas' ia a pseudodym for this curious personage's real name, which is believed to be 'Tasneem'.







Tell me about your creative journey.

As far as I can remember, I always like drawing, doodling & especially reading comic books (Super Picsou, Mickey Parade anyone?). However, getting started with clay was completely by chance. For my 18th birthday, a friend gifted me a small pack of air-dry clay. It sat in a drawer a few month until I decided to look up what I could do with it. Eventually, I came across polymer clay which is a tad less messy to work with haha.

Who are the people that inspired you the most?

The 1st people that come to mind I would say are my little brother, Sabrina alias Kyky Otaku & 2-3 other close friends.

Since when did you start your business?

I started Clay maybe around 2016-2017, but created my instagram page in 2018.




Not but not least, what is your ideal breakfast? What does Patatas eat in the morning?

I like to keep it simple lol I will usually have boiled egg, a not overripe banana & a slice of bread with some salted butter. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment