Sunday 22 March 2020

Let's talk... Confinement


Hello guys, hope you're fine & day 3 of confinement is going well, safe at home. The moment we heard about a case of Covid-19 in Mauritius, I decided to work from home. So today is actually day 4 for me. I can say that we are living in a weird, stressful & scary situation right now.

Before Confinement

The 1st day was a nightmare. The moment we woke up, I looked at my phone & bang! Breaking news! I knew it! (I didn't watch the TV the night before, I knew something was wrong. Why our Prime Minister would make a press conference at 22hr? I Just wanted to have a good sleep).

Poussin was at home with me koz we can't take the risk of being sick, my due date is coming soon! I was panicking. The media didn't help at all duh! I stay glued to my phone. Reading & watching all news. Whatsapp groups were overloaded. Friends, families & colleagues sending all kinds of news.  Some were fake tho.

Day 1

Having to work kept me busy from scrolling through social media & not to read whatsapp messages every 2 minutes (except urgent matters). I stay informed by watching MBC & official sites.



Day 2

Since we are not going to leave the house anytime soon, we have to keep us busy & creative just for our own insanity. I ditched my phone, took yummy breakfast & I planned my day;

1. Packing in my hospital bag
2. Talked to mum
3. Learnt how to make a Pouch Bag.
4. Doodle
& stay informed.

Day 2 was successful! 

Day 3

Sunday! My favourite day of the week. I've been writing & taking pictures since this morning. (& watching tik tok videos, oh crap!) Poussin cleaned the house. I can't do tough chores :(

Don't play the fool

There are lots of fake news or disturbing videos. People are getting mad! That's a criminal act for playing football outside, panic buying or going to the beach. I can't tell these people to stop. Autant pisser dans un violonAll I can do is to talk to my loved ones not to play the fool & stay safe.

I can't wait to read that post later on and say "ooouf! Remember the chaos? It has been tough! Now it's over"

All we can do is to respect the guidelines. Check covid19.mu or who.int for more info. Don't go out except urgencies. Don't have bread for breakfast? Eat oats! Duh! Find substitute.



Now is the time for slow living. Spend time with loved ones, call them, read that book you have bought last year just...because the cover was attractive? Paint, start a challenge or start watching friends as from season 1 :P 

What are you doing to keep yourself busy? I wanna know!

Good luck along your creative way

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment