Monday 29 August 2016

Winter morning walk


For the last couple of months, I been playing a lot with new techniques; editing colours, learning new software and improving my skills in digital art itself. I am trying not to limit myself in creating the same thing over and over again.

The only way to get better is to challenge my dexterity. I listed down my strengths and weaknesses. For instance, I most of the time I paint portraits in one specific head position, my artworks look rough when zooming in and the backgrounds are simple and incomplete.

Now that I found one of my weaknesses, I tried to improve this aspect through various videos. My favourite artists are Loish, Kiwi byrd and Webang111 on YouTube.  I benchmarked their artworks to draw my own ones. I said benchmark not copy and paste! Copying another artist will prevent you from having your own style.




  

Moreover, as I am a graphic designer, this process helps me a lot to built confidence. I can clearly say that I dare to use a larger spectrum of my imagination. It’s like considering yourself as a mad scientist experimenting with new methods to have the perfect formula. Hence, hope this will also help you in some way.









Good luck along your creative journey!

Laurie.











No comments:

Post a Comment